Wednesday 15 September 2010

My New House!

I haven't blogged in agessssssssss! I've been quite busy. Hardly been in my house. On Saturday I went to Naw Blay's wedding and it was lovely. I'll blog about that later.
I tried to blog last night and it was taking over 20 mins to put pics up. I'm at the school today using their wireless and it's a god speed. So I'll be writing the blogs from school.

On the 31st of August I moved into my new house :)
I had to stay in the house all day and wait for deliveries. Fridge, bed and gas stove with canister.

Jack, Ailsa and one of the boarding house students came round to play and watch movies.



This is the rubbish view from the kitchen. It had a really nice view before but now they built a huge wall :(
My (tall) bed came!


This is my kitchen. It's packed with things. I can make anything! Ku Paw (the nursery headteacher) gave me a toaster oven because she never uses it. I've made pizza and cakes in it. It's small though, so everything has to be mini.


Out the back there is a tap. So I didn't bother buying a sink. I've been washing dishes the Burmese way. I have two basins and I fill them with water (one soapy). It's easy and cheap!
The morning after I moved in though, I found a cockroach and a drowned lizard in the water because I forgot to empty it at night. This is the drowned lizard. This is my bed now, all set up. :) It's comfyyy. I have a huge mosquito net to cover it.








Going up the stairs.
My upstairs bathroom.


My house is so huge and I was never going upstairs (except for the shower). So I made the room that faces the football pitch out the front a dressing room. It's got clothes (only some cause I still need to unpack) on a railing and all my makeup.

I'm still unpacking! Bloomin 8 bottles on suntan lotion which are usless in Mae Sot as it's almost always cloudy.

There has been a slight problem with my house. It has cockroaches! Eugh! I have to kill them all the time. I've figured out that if you mop the floor with floor cleaner every day and spray with cockroach spray everywhere then they die a lot better. I still see them, but they're usually dead.
Okay, so that's my house! Sorry it took to long! x

7 comments:

  1. Looks great!!! Apart from the cockroaches anyway. Keep blogging :) Graham xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb, we've missed these blogs Louise. Great to see your house. It looks lovely. A whole room for a dressing room.... amazing. Laughing at your description of the best way to kill cockroaches. You seem to be coping with the beasties better. Do us some photos of the views from the house?

    Good idea to go to school to get better internet.

    Mum

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get you - what a des res! A dressing room no less. It looks great Louise and hopefully will be nice and cooool when the sun does come out!
    Happy new home. Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great Louise and easy to keep clean. Bash those cockroaches with your flip flops! Murray and Stewart

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks so nice louse. That's so cool that you have an actual dressing room! I love your mosquito net! It's so cuteeee. Speak to you soon bubz xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Khaing is back staying at home with us and when I told him that you had cockroach problem, he didn't understand what it was. I just showed him on your blog and he said, " We call them poehat and they are really disgusting. When I was a child I ate two because I mistook them for an insect we used to fry and eat. Those insects are really nice but poehat smell disgusting and they taste disgusting. In fact they smell worse than fish sauce."

    How can anything smell worse than fish sauce? Pohhhhhhh.

    He also thinks your mosquito net is funny, like for a child.

    Love, Mum

    ReplyDelete
  7. loveeeee your new housie, jealous of your dressing room! booooo, miss you loads poppet xxxxx

    ReplyDelete