Saturday 9 January 2010

I can't believe it's taken me a month to post this, but here we go - Zoo times!

Whilst Clair and I were looking at the mummy panda exhibit, I got talking to this Zoo keeper. We were asking lots of questions about the Pandas. When we left, he came with us - still talking. And he took us to the nearest tramcar stop, which was just behind the Panda exhibit. Then he went away and we said goodbye. We waited for the tramcar but none were stopping. Then the guy came back out and said "Do you want to see Linping?" The baby Panda!! It's insane because you can only see the baby panda in the exhibit with the mother between like 7-8am and we were late with that one.
Of course we said yes and he took us into this staff only area and into a little office. In Thailand they have a Panda channel. Yes, I really do mean a channel for only live footage of the baby Panda with Mother. 24/7. So we went into this office and there were loads of guys sitting at computers editing footage of the Panda. So funny. Then the guy slid open this little window and there was baby Linping! I took a video, I think we speak in it but don't take any notice of that.




The other thing I missed out in my blog post was the Monkeys. They were my favourite animal at the zoo, even though we got to see famous little Linping and play with Leopards.

We went to the monkeys and saw loads of them in exhibits like this one.

Then we walked up a little path and found this huge Orangutan exhibit.
There was a huge Peacock just sitting at the edge of the path next to the Orangutan's.

I've put up ALL my photos of the monkeys.





They were funny ones, they are very clever. They kept motioning for me to give them food. Then were got grumpy when I didn't.
I remember saying that they looked really like old men. Funny animals.

Then, we looked down the path a little bit, and sitting right infront of the Orangutan exhibit was a tiny little cage. Inside? A baby Orangutan and a baby Chimpanzee!

We played with them for agesssssss! They were so happy to have people to play with. I fell in love with them, they kept holding our hands. Their hands were freezing cold but they were like real people's hands. They had fingernails and everything, it was truly crazy. That situation was extraordinary, when I came to Thailand I never imagined I would get to play with Zoo animals. The baby Monkeys were just like human babies but extremely clever. At one point when I was taking a video, the Chimp grabbed my camera and tried to steal it.
They even started kissing our hands and trying to undo the lock of the cage.


The Orangutan grabbed the zoo keeper's -who drifted over a few times- crotch! I didn't notice this until afterwards, so funny.















There are many videos of the monkeys to upload but the video downloader says my limit is exceeded for the day. I'll try to upload them tomorrow.

Louise x
P.S. This is a longer Panda video and MUCH better. It includes baby Linping falling.

No comments:

Post a Comment