Tuesday 24 August 2010

Week blog! Photos are working :)

On Monday last week I did a lesson at Say Ta Nar school. I would sum it by with the word strenuous.

Start at 8.30am but Poh Cho had told me to come at 8am. So they sang for 5 mins then I had to teach for 3 hrs 25 mins. To a class with pupils from grade 4 to grade 7.

We did a few things. They all introduced themselves and I asked questions about them. We talked about their families. We sang a Fischy music song that I was planning to teach, but they already knew it (Teacher Mary!). They learned different answers to the question "How are you?"

Ni Shar made a fabby lunch which I loved. Then as I was leaving I walked outside onto the road and saw some of the boys from the school prising open one of the grates in the ground with metal rods!!

One of the Grade 1 boys had changed his clothes and was preparing to go underground!
MENTAL!

I was havin a bloomin fit.



His job was to clear the gutter so that it didn't flood I think. Can you imagine that EVER happening in Scotland? All the boys were calling him the Say Ta Nar hero.



After STN I came home and slept for like 4 hours. Then I went to the shop to buy stuff for my house. I bought a bin, table, chair, mop and two containers for sugar etc. £23 They said they'd deliver the next day.
Tuesday

I went to the nursery and went about my day being a teacher/carer. I had to teach my group alphabet stuff which was easy and sang some songs.
They have a new swing outside the nursery.

This is the front of my house.


...and the side.

During lunch I went to see the house and the builders told me to go and look inside. This is the main bit downstairs. Through the doorway is the kitchen. Theres a toilet to the right of the kitchen.

The stairs are up!

The chief builder made me look upstairs haha.

I took a video for you to show upstairs. There are two bedrooms.

This is the upstairs bathroom. There's a tall-ish toilet!

The shower is upstairs too.


This is the downstairs Thai-style toilet. Beautiful tiles!


My stuff for the house got delivered. This is my really good chair which is soo comfy. I'm gonna buy pillows and stuff for it because it's quite low down and I can't reach the table. Need a wee booster seat.


Wednesday was my day off. I had arranged to go and buy tiles for my kitchen and living area in the house with the landlords. We bought beautiful ones. They were the cheapest tiles they had. £100 for the whole thing. Eeeeeeeeeek!
Thursday
After nursery I went to the English class (voluntary). I go after school on Tuesday's and Thursday's. I might go every day when I'm closer though.
These are some of the boys who go. They are fantastic, so clever and very funny. The boy on the right speaks only Karen but comes to the English class to learn. He is very funny. He copies little things I say but funny voices sometimes. Quietly though so you don't know if you even heard it or not. Very cool guy. Today (Tuesday 24th) He ran all the way from CDC high school to the boys' boarding house near the nursery, chasing someone on a bike.


Friday
On Friday, I cycled into the nursery and there were medics set up and a wee boy crying his eyes out. Vaccination day.
His father got called in and calmed him down, very very sweet. I just came at the end though so there were only a couple left to get vaccinated by the time I arrived.
Friday is games day. This is the teacher's favourite game. The children pass the balls in the basket under their legs or over their heads and the last kid puts it in the basket at the end.


This is the nursery baby. His mother is the cleaner I think, she just helps tidy up and stuff. The baby is always with her. There is a nursery student in the photo too. The one who ALWAYS jumps on me.
This baby is also the one who has peed on me a record of FOUR times. According to Myo Nyunt though, for the Karen people, this means the baby loves you "veeeeery much!"


One of the teachers.


One of the many insanely cute boys there. This boy is the smiley one.

At lunch time, Ailsa and I went to visit my house and see how is was going.
There were many cows outside the nursery.

They had tiled the whole of the downstairs area just TWO days after me buying them.

They've also put up a board thing to cover the stairs.


These are the tiles in the living room. They are very pale but have sort of wooden markings.

After we visited the house, Ailsa and I got on the bike and cycled up to CDC. We went to the tuck shop and bought ice cream with Jack. Then we came back.
We had arranged with Lisa that Jack, Ailsa, my two roommates and the two Naw Naw's who looked after me overnight in the hospital would go to the BBQ restaurant in Mae Sot.
On the way we went to find mite spray at the pet shop for this hamster I have inherited. He hisses at you when you go anywhere near him!! They didn't have mite spray but Lianna (my roommate) bought some a few days later and he seemed much happier.
At the pet shop, the owner showed us the baby hamsters he has that were just a few days old.
They look like beans.

We went to the BBQ restaurant and it was boiling hot but really yummy!
Afterwards, my roommates and I went to the bar at the end of our street, Drop Out bar. We played cards.




Here's a video of the boys singing a song.


And a game Ku Paw (the nursery headteacher) was playing.

Another blog sooooon!

Read and comment!

x

6 comments:

  1. yay louse! that was a massive blog. your house is looking really nice, so jealous! The tiles are nice tooooooo. Check the baby hamsters eh, thats crazy. They're so so tiny! I love that wee boy making the weird face, he looks so sweet :) Hope your feeling better and having a fun time. Miss choooooooooooo xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. imagine coming out of PL and a big herd of cows were just standing there. haaha :) your house looks like its coming along great, not long now til it'll be all set! hope your not missing your wren too much ;) take care munchkin xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog, honey. Those boys down that drain is so filthy... scary. I love the baby that shows he loves you by peeing on you. And who puts baby hamsters in a flowerpot? And your tiles look lovely in the house... wish I could come and visit.... 1 week to moving day! Love you. Mum

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear you are feeling better Louise. We were sad to hear you were feeling horrible. Those baby hamsters look like they're dead!! lol. Take care and happy new house when it's ready. Adrian x

    PS. Are are you on Twitter or Facebook??

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe you managed to spend £100 in Mae Sot!! The house looks fabulous, you must be V.excited for move in day. Those baby hamsters look wrong. Is pet shop woman planning to plant them to see if they grow?! It sounds like you're doing loads of good stuff Louise, I'm so glad you're doing the english class, we only went once but it was really amazing - the students are so dedicated and they will appreciate your presence loads. Hannah x

    ReplyDelete