Monday 30 November 2009

22nd November - 30th November

I decorated my room with Christmas lights etc. Mum's sending more christmas decorations in the post so I'm excited to decorate my room more. I bought flowers from the market - 72p - and mopped the floor!






Niamh and her baby Aina visited borderline which was lovely. Aina grows so fast!


This is some of the Grade 4, 5 and 6 girls practicing their dancing in the kitchen.


They forced me to join in. I have a video of it but I don't think I can upload it to the blog, I'll try.


Baby enjoys the new phone - phew!
Baby's Grandmother! Thazin's mother has come to stay at the school for a little while to see her new-ish grandchild.

All the classes had teachers again, so Phyu Phyu asked me if I wanted to do excercises with kindergarten A. They were brilliant at it.

And it was a fun way to spend the afternoon, they got really into it and Phyu Phyu joined in.

This boy was fantastic, he put so much effort into it.

Then I went to Grade 1 and all the kids had blue and purple lips! I asked teacher yan yan why and he said that they coloured their lips with pencils!
So the girls coloured in my lips purple and I made sure not to eat any of it. But when I went to dinner with the Canadian family who volunteer at Hle Bee and forgot I had bright purple lips haha.

This is the new Grade 1 teacher, she is very beautiful.
After school, one of the KGB boys' mother came to school and taught the teachers how to knit little bags.

Her son was really bored though so I emptied out the finger puppets and duplo for him to play with. His mother was very grateful and he loved it.

This is a cow. Or a bull, have no idea. It's tied up by a piece of rope that it could easily snap if it wanted to.

On friday I went to the clinic to help in the office. This is Muku and Jue Jue.

Jue wearing the driver's clothes..

Me and Jue.

Me and Saw Go.

Jue.

Me and Saw Go.
On Saturday I showed my new roommate Clair around Mae Sot a little. We went to Borderline then the stationary shop, Canadian Dave's, Tesco, the market and Hle Bee. The baby fell in love with her, just stared at her the whole time. Very cute.
On Sunday Clair, Bobo and I went for breakfast to Lucky tea shop - a Burmese tea shop. We met Daniel (our other housemate) and Rainbow, two of the Taiwanese people there. Then we went to another tea shop which is hidden in the market. Then to Phyu Phyu Win's house, she hasn't been attending school for a few weeks now and she had told people that she was going to work in Burma. So we went to talk to her about what she wants to do, she wants to move to another school. So Bobo and I are going to go to CDC school and ask them some questions about her joining the school.
Afterwards I went to Borderline and played with Than Thoo Zaw for a bit, then Niamh came to pick me up and we went to a baby's birthday party. It was really nice and there were a few people I knew there. They were serving white rum cocktails - at a one year old's birthday party. Amazing.
Today I went in the shower and the water was all spurty and wouldn't work. My roommate called the homestay owner and she came over to see the problem. The kids next door had turned off the water supply outside out gate and the water tank was empty - pay back is in order. Then I went to school and fell asleep after teaching. Fabby sleep with Meme and baby.
x

My internet crashed just as I was about to finish this blog. Good thing it sorted itself out or I would have been very angry.
x

6 comments:

  1. It's got a willie, it's a bull! Hee hee. Mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only you could put up Christmas decorations on 22 November. Can tell you were born in Pilton! Your bedroom looks very tidy and Christmassy. Do I see 3 advent calendars over your bed? You were meant to share them around!!

    When did you learn to do those exercises? Louise leading an exercise class is a sight I didn't expect to see but learn to spell it properly dearest!

    Glad to see the Duplo out, very glad. :)

    Tell us all - who is Saw Go? Are you good friends? Hee hee......

    Nice blogging Lou. Love you. Mum

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it's a crying shame when your mother starts to spell check your blogging! And she is such a tease! Naughty mama! Aaah your room looks so christmassy! You and Pilton are there with the decorations in November! Saw an amazing house just yesterday covered in glitz - you'd have loved it! Big hugs - wear the tinsel with pride! Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  4. i actually laughed at that random picture of a bull in there. you're mad.
    -cat xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder what Louise has been up to in the last week? Mum! Blog honey! I know you are going to Chiang Mai for a few days on Thursday in the hope of seeing Twilight. Have a nice time! I love you. Soon be seeing you again. Awwwwwwww....xxxx Oh no, that smelly hamster will be returning too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Louise
    Have had a look at all the fantastic pictutes -(Great animal pics)
    Very Best Wishes for the New Year 2010
    Love for Anutie Kath & Uncle Jim XXXX

    ReplyDelete