Friday 20 November 2009

Another blog, you're so lucky!

This is a funny photo of Wei Hin bathing from ages ago.


On Tuesday I went into baby's house and she was sleeping under her cute mosquito net.
Very sweet.

This is the Hle Bee report card.


That afternoon I went into Grade 2 and was talking to the kids, then it started pouring down with rain. This is really unusual for this time of year because monsoon season is over so it's supposed to stop raining completely and get cold around now. But it was really really hot for a few days last week.
Anyway, the classroom flooded and everything got soaked!





On Wednesday, it was my day off so I went to the Mae Tao Clinic to visit some friends.
Afterwards, I went to the pet shop and held the Winter White hamsters again and also.......
a baby turtle!



They live in shallow water, but in one of the fish tanks, there was a bigger one. The owner held it for me while I took a photo.


After, I went to Borderline and spoke to GA. Then we went to a new cafe (it's in the road before Canadian Dave's road - for people who know Mae Sot). It was lovely, they bake lots of cookies and cakes, they also make smoothies and fruit drinks.
The women who run the shop are Phillipinos and they also have a migrant school. Children from their school can come and learn how to bake if they have an interest in it. I told them how excited I was so see an oven in Thailand and they told me I can come and bake any time at their shop and teach them how to bake. I'm so excited.
They also told me that I can bring some of my students if they're interested in baking, so I have asked Grade 5 & 6 if they want to do that.
How exciting eh? An oven in Mae Sot. She said that I can teach them to make normal bread because you can't get normal bread in Thailand, only sweet bread. I must learn how to make real bread first though! They must think I'm some fabby chef of something, I only know how to make chocolate cake!
Mingin Bo Bew, the school dog, had a hair cut. He looks even more mingin and you can see his bite wounds. The dogs fight all the time.

Today I got a new phone, I think it works in the UK as well as Thailand. It's a Wellcom 3319 and I loveeeee it. It holds 2 sim cards, so I can use my Thai and UK cards at the same time.
I got it from GA's friend who owns a second hand phone shop. Guess how much this amazing phone cost me?
£27!!! Can you believe it? I could never get anything like that in the UK!
Night night, Cat call me!
x

6 comments:

  1. Brilliant and unexpected blog. Thought we'd have to wait a week since you'd already done 3. Bo Bew is some dug but he is lovely. Your phone looks complicated. And you found an oven. You will have to get a bread recipe from Fiona. She does that earth mothery stuff! That flood is weird. It doesn't even rain that much in the rainy season.

    I've never seen their monthly report before? Does that really go out every month?

    Wei Hei's bath is like the one Granny Wightman used to put us in!!!

    Good blogging.

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WANT A BABY TURTLE (Rosie)

    ReplyDelete
  3. CUTE turtles and cool phone!!! I'm sorry I wasn't able to connect with you and Aunty Sheila on msn on Saturday. We are all missing you mostly Jez who has a new freind CHARLIE!!! Charlie thinks that he is a superhero and tries to jump from my hand lots!lol!

    Love
    David,Veronica,Dani and Jez.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Dani, you got on to blog. Well done. Glad Charlie's proving fun! Aunty Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  5. im gonna try and phone you tomorrowww!
    that turtle freaks me out. check your tan though ya jammy thing
    -cat x

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi all
    very cool turle, do u have a FB Louise??

    ReplyDelete