Tuesday 13 July 2010

Sunday

On Sunday I went to Lisa and Rocky's house to see Jack and Ailsa. They now have 5 Naw Naw's living with them. They are lovely, beautiful girls who attend CDC school. So when they asked me to go to Church with them, I couldn't say no. They are such sweethearts. Most of the Naw Naw's go to seperate churches but I went to the Mae Tao Clinic church with 2 of them and some other girls from the area. It wasn't too bad because they are such beautiful singers and they wanted to practice their English on me. I knew the service would be in Burmese and Karen but I can understand some of it so it's not too bad. But the service went on for 2 and a half hours! I thought it was and hour and a half, so for an hour people kept getting up and I thought it was time to leave...then they went up to sing again! It was the longest Church service I've ever seen haha.

When we got back we were hungry and Rocky had made some pasta so we dug in.

Then we walked back to Casa Mia and the teachers had their dinner. They had been to the border to cross to Burma that day and the Thai side told them that Burma was closed because they had 'problems in their Country'. What a joke.

So anyway, after Casa Mia we walked back to the DK hotel as it rained and rained :)




If you want to read my Mum and her teacher's Burma blog go to: www.campieburma.blogspot.com

x

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, have loved reading your blog from last year! Keep up the good work.
    Vanessa and Claire x

    ReplyDelete