Friday 21 August 2009

Fabby breakfast.

I didn't sleep at all last night, so I went down to breakfast early. It was gorgeousss, I missed this fruit so much! >>


Nice eh?











As you may have read, I met a lovely Gecko. I took a few pictures around the hotel, it's such a beautiful place and everybody's friendly. This is the huge budgie cage next to the pool.



I phoned Kyaw Win, who is organising the Burma Book exhibition in Chiang Mai, and he said he'd pick me up at 4pm to go to the place where the launch of the book takes place. We rode to the coffee shop on Kyaw Win's motorbike and his friend followed behind.

The coffee shop we went to was lovely and the staff were so friendly, it just felt like everybody there was a group of friends. Mum would have hated this coffee shop, it was based around the owner's cat. A cross-eyed cat with HIV, as the owner explained. I can't remember his name, but it translated to 'cross-eyed' from thai. The lady showed me a cat calendar, which featured little 'cross-eyed'. They sold tote bags with him on the front. I think the shop was called Coffee, cats and more. But my memory isn't too great.

'cross-eyed'

Everyone worked really hard putting up the exhibition.
Kyaw win & his friend took apart the etching press to clean it & had trouble remembering how to put it back together..





Then I played scrabble with some people, very perplexing when you've had no sleep in 22 hours.
I'm off to bed.
x



6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the pics and posts- the fruit- is it papaya? When does the book exhibition start and for long? Looks as though you are well settled in despite the jet lag and temperature changes. Are there lizards on the ceilings of rooms etc - obviously not in the hotel...but when I use to live in Penang, they would crawl on the ceiling and very rarely but it did happen, one might lose its grip and fall...I use to be terrified one would fall on my head. Rowena

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like fun, but then again i love cats!

    Ross
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why do you have a dice in the middle of your fruit?

    Anonymous.... guess who

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just saw Caroline walking past and shouted over, "Caroline, what's this about your cat peeing on my work?" She ran away!!! Hee hee hee.

    The cafe sounds horrible - all catty and hairy.... but your stories are very sweet. I'm glad you are loving Chiang Mai so much. You can come back for a holiday before you come home.

    The photo of Kyaw Win is a hoot, staring confusedly at the etching press. Kyaw Win, I cannae believe you've grown back that Peter Starstedt moustache!! Tell him Louise.

    Good luck with the exhibition opening tomorrow. I'll away and email you your speech! Mum X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooooold Louise

    I was just browsing through some 'rent a ladyboy' websites and your blog popped up. Haha just raking your bacon. Johnny showed me it. I remember you telling me about this last year. Awesome to see your away now, well done. 5 months is long but it'll fly by. My bro and a load of mates just got back from 7 weeks in Thailand. Sounded amazing. Keep us posted anyway, I may come out and join ya in a few months, we'll hit the full moon party..

    Take care
    x

    Paddy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good old Paddy! I phoned your little hamster tonight and spoke to him on the phone and he says he will write on your blog tomorrow, Louise. He is missing you but having a whale of a time in his Scottish-Italian foster home. he gets chicken,pain au chocolat etc to eat, which you never used to give him so when you come back, he will require a better standard of catering than he had before!!! Love you and I hope the bus journey to Mae Sot goes well. Mum x

    ReplyDelete