Wednesday 19 August 2009

Sawatdee Kaa!

From Yesterday, Bangkok airport.

Finally, I am here! I’m am so tired I cannot even begin to calculate the amount of hours I have been travelling. Currently in Bangkok airport – which is a maze – about to board the flight to Chaing Mai! Hard work. But worth it!


Today

Thank you all for reading the sparse blog. I'm sitting in HappyHut cafe which has free Wifi. I set my alarm clock last night and must have turned it off whilst half asleep, I do not remember it going off. So I missed the fabby breakfast, quite gutting.
I went to Mike's burger bar but forgot my purse so I had to run back to the hotel. This all resulted in crossing that insane nimeneahanahsomething road 4 times haha. Mumma called & chatted, I tried to phone Murray & Stewart but it wouldn't connect to Murray's phone & Stewart's just rang out. Hope you read this.

The long haul flight was as good as a long haul flight can be, felt bad waking up the couple next to me every time I had to go to the toilet. They didn't have Adventureland on the movies, they definitely lied on the Qantas website. Bangkok airport was just insane, if I didn't have nice people who were on the flight & mothers instructions I would have been completely lost. I met a lot of lovely people though. Everything was fine & I am here!

They're playing a thai version of crazy in love by Beyonce in HappyHut, I like their music choice. Now it's Aerosmith.

I'm sure I'll miss you all soon, but not just yet :)

P.S. Murray & Stewart, this is the fruit I was talking about.


x

7 comments:

  1. Have now spoken to Louise twice and we are taking her out to eat with us tonight at "Pasta Cafe" just round the corner from her hotel and our apartment. It poured this afternoon so hope she didn't get drenched coming back from Happy Hut where they make great mochas not hot chocolates though. The fruit that Louise likes are ramboutan and mangosteens which she will be able to buy easily at wee roadside stalls in Mae Sot. They have a thick skin so she doesn't have worry about washing them first, just peel and eat!
    Now a glorious early evening and have given
    Louise detailled instruction about how to get to our condo... we shall see if we have to send out search parties later!
    Murray

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you got there safe and are having fun hunni!

    keep in touch, and i hope you have an amazing time!


    Ross x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just called but you are out or asleep. Maybe you are at Stewart and Murray's disco! I'll phone in the morning. I'm glad you blogged or I'd have worried. Great blogging! Love you. Mum x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to see you have survived the long journey Louise and will soon be in Mae Sot! Calum and I are sitting together enjoying your blog and we will be keeping up with your adventures.
    You are a star!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Louise

    I feel so emotional reading your blog - how brave are you?!!!!! Like your mum I would never have done this at 18!

    Really glad the flights were OK. Did you have to wear a mask?

    These fruits look amazing - wish I was with you!

    Keep up the blog

    Lots of love Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your room lies empty, my little dear;
    But ur echo remains crystal clear:
    "Mum, can I have X,Y,Z" [all very dear];
    Your pillow craves your wee sleepy head;
    But someone wants to steal...your big double bed!;


    No mouse, no noise, no Baby Yellow mess;
    You should know that we're all very impressed;
    Food in the house, for us to eat;
    And we don't miss...your wee smelly feet;

    This mental 'blog', (that I dini get);
    Lets us know not to worry, stress or fret;
    Farewell for now, lil sister Lou;
    Have fun 'n' happiness in all that you do.


    Love, Johnny, x.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear John, you made me cry in the middle of HapyHut, thanks a lot.
    Yours, Louise.

    P.S. I love you x

    ReplyDelete