Wednesday 21 October 2009

19th of October.

On the 19th (Monday) Lisa, Rocky and the kids came to the Amari for a swim. Lisa had to do a bit of work, so she went to an internet cafe for a while and came swimming after.
It was really fun, I'm in love with this swimming pool.
Jack was a brilliant swimmer.














Ailsa and I playing in the baby pool.




After, we were all starving. So we went to Mike's burger bar across the road and ate.




Then we were reallyyy full.

Then I had to say goodbye to them, the next day they left for the farm they will be staying at an hours drive out of Chiang Mai. I will definitely miss them, but it was so nice to have those few days with them in Chiang Mai. A lot easier to say goodbye than if I was in Mae Sot.
That night, Doctor Thein Lwin phoned me and asked me to come to his Migrant Learning Centre and then for dinner. It was the first night of the 'semester' so there was a lot of speaking. I introduced myself to them and told them about my mother who had visited them in July (www.forthview.blogspot.com).

After, we went out to dinner with all the teachers to a Thai Seafood restaurant - my two least favourite things to eat. So I had chicken fried rice instead. The restaurant was beautiful though because the electricity was out and the entire place was lit with candles. It had rained so heavily around 5ish and throughout the night that the electricity everywhere went out at various places at various times for most of the evening.
I was so knackered when I got home that I just crashed, but woke up in time for the amazing Amari breakfast in the morning of course.
x

2 comments:

  1. Lovely to see Thein Lwin again. I miss him too. I'm really glad that you got to spend time with Rocky and Lisa, Jack and Ailsa in Chiang Mai before you eventually had to say bye. You've grown so fond of them all and they have been REALLY kind to you. Love. Mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. But that swimming pool has really jaggy paths around it!

    ReplyDelete