Tuesday 6 October 2009

Helloooo!

The baby gave me a cold! I'm choked with it, can't seem to stay well for long. So I didn't go to school today.
I'm downloading Skype, Geoff will be happy. Maybe you can download it too Fiona? or everybody can, crowy!

Yesterday was world teachers day and I had to wake up at 6am to go to Hle Bee. Yan Yan drove Thazin, Sandar Win and I to CDC school (the school mum hopes to link Campie Primary School with next year). We arrived around 9am and it was supposed to finish at 5pm. It was so unbelievably boring for me because we had to sit in the heat for hours on end listening to Burmese speakers. I didn't understand a word of it! I went off during part of it to go take my medication for my cold and I got talking to the kids from CDC school who had volunteered to help prepare the food for the day. They were so friendly and I spoke the little Burmese I knew to them, though a lot of them were Karen. They tried to teach me some Karen and asked me a lot of questions in English. They were fantastic at English, though they were older kids than the kids I teach, some older than me.
They also said they had their exams soon and they were worried for them, I told them they didn't need to worry about their English exam as they were brilliant.

Eventually I had to go back to the thing, I don't know what to call it? ceremony? and sit for a longggg time. When it turned 5pm I went to ask Yan Yan why it wasn't finished and he said that now it was going on till 9pm. I was so unbelievably knackered and hungry by the time Thazin told me Yan Yan was taking me and Thann Lin Aaung home because I looked ill, 7pm. We went straight back to Hle Bee and I cycled to eat everything in Casa Mia.

This morning I felt really ill and could not stop coughing so I tried to call Thazin to tell her I couldn't come in but she didn't answer. I have nothing I want to eat in the house so I'm hungry. GA said he'd go to Tesco and buy some chicken for me to cook for tea, so I'll make chicken cashew nut later. I made it earlier this week and really liked it Fiona! Thank youuuuuuuu!

right im off, i didnt take any photos of yesterday but im sure i have some from the past week of no blogging to satisfy you :)

byeeee x

1 comment:

  1. World Teachers Day and a 14 hr meeting all in Burmese when you're no feeling well and you've hardly ever been up at 6am in your life - pretty hard day Louise, so well done on making it through. Glad to hear that eating everything in Casa Mia didn't include the burger and the vomit again.

    Skype was SUPERB tonight. I could see you, hear you and it was so much clearer than the phone and FREE. Great. You're looking fab. Did you enjoy seeing my fermenting lentil soup and our lovely orange kitchen and your big brother? I can't get away with reading the Evening News or working while I talk to you any more though. Would I do that? Hee hee.

    You know Geoff so well, he was delighted and he never said 'I told you so' once!

    Enjoy your day off tomorrow. Get to the laundry. I PROMISE I will post your parcel tomorrow.

    Mum

    ReplyDelete