Wednesday 21 October 2009

Yesterday.

Yesterday I was invited to Nick, an american voltunteer's class at Doctor Thein Lwin's other migrant learning centre - 9am. His class are Burmese migrant students in Chiang Mai and they were fantastic. We each told a story as part of preparation for their speaking examination. I told my story of the Thai authorities coming to Hle Bee.

That afternoon, I met my roommate from Homestay A in Mae Sot, she was in Chiang mai for 2 days. We went to get smoothies (fabby) and talked for a while. After, I went to happy hut (where I am right now) and then to the Amari. I has carrying my laptop and everything, went to my hotel room door and my bloomin keycard wouldn't work in my door. So I had to go back down to reception to get it fixed then back up to my room, drop off my stuff and head out to meet Murray and Stewart at 94 coffee (I think that's what it's called).
It was so lovely to see Murray and Stewart again, I missed them a lot since I saw them last in August. I had a fantastic hot chocolate, much better than Starbucks or Costa. Mum called and talked to Murray and Stewart for a wee bit. It was really nice, we made arrangements for dinner then I went back for a swim at the hotel.
We went to this amazing restaurant for dinner and I had a spaghetti carbonara. Mum, you'll love this place, it's not near Nimmenhaeminda. Murray and Stewart had fabby looking dishes - meat and mashed potatoes and my carbonara was amazing. Murray and I shared a chocolate mousse for dessert, fabby.
Afterwards, we went to a bar by the river which was beautifully lit with coloured lamps and candles.

We sat for a while and had some drinks.
Murray and Louise.
Stewart.

Then they dropped me off back at the Amari and I went to sleep.
Caro! I watched Eden Lake again. I almost couldn't watch it because it's so horrible. I cannot believe how sick it is, amazing movie thoughh. It's such a strange movie cause it is something that could totally happen in the UK. It just gets so out of hand cause they're a bunch of neds. And the endingggggg, it's so amazing. Eeeee, we need to watch good new movies when I get homeeee. Or find me some in blockbuster and I'll watch them from hereee. I'm gonna watch Funny Games again.
love youuuuu, x



4 comments:

  1. Lovely to see Stuart and Murray and to talk to them on the phone. I miss them too, especially as Murray has stopped giving me lots of jobs to do! You look great. That hair cut was well worth £2.43. Good blogging Louise. Mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello mrs - I go away for a week and you've been up to so much! Gorgeous hair cut - agree with your mum, you are looking fab! Nice to see all the photos - that Amari pool is the business, eh? Happy holidays! Have you hit the big shopping mall yet?
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have about 20 million new movies that im going to leave at your house for when you come home.
    not been on the internet in an age but i've just spent about an hour reading all your blog posts. i miss youuuuu ! seems like you're having a total amazing time, jealouuuus.
    love youuuuu pal
    -cat xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. no wayyyyyyyy, you're an angel! I'm so excited for coming home now. haha.

    I miss you tooooo. I am I am! I can't believe I won't see you until May.

    I thought of you again when I had to walk up the ramp at the Amari hotel. Oh the old days.

    x

    ReplyDelete