Thursday 8 October 2009

Today

I went to Casa Mia with Lisa and her kids and Jack and Niamh and their family. It was lovely and we do this every week. But I think it only just hit me that Lisa and Rocky are moving to Chiang Mai with the kids for a few months. I'll miss them so much cause I see them so often. I think I'm going to go and see them for Christmas though so that'll be funnnn :)

On the way back Jack's 'nephew' and I were heading the same way and when we got to the end of the one way system we saw loads of Thai police stopping everyone coming out of the one way system and going in. So they told us to come forward and as I passed I heard some of the police men calling me beautiful - shudder - but I smiled instead of taking offense this time. I'm learning to be polite to police men.
They stopped us both and they told me to carry on after glancing at me (I'm white) but they must've asked Jack's nephew for a licence or something cause I had to wait for him.

Very strange..I suppose I'll find out what it was all about tomorrow. I've never seen anything like that in Mae Sot.

okay night night x

3 comments:

  1. You are going to miss Lisa, Rocky, Jack and Ailsa so much. They've been really kind to you and the rock you can always turn to so that will be hard for you.

    As for you and the Police, yikes....! That would have been quite scary. They can be so officious. I remember when one gave me a row for pushing my bike 5 metres down a one way street. I was about to take him on when Geoff and Guardian Angel pulled me away. Never thought you were as gobby as your mother! Be careful.

    Love you and glad your cold's going away. Back to teaching today.

    Mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Louise

    Glad to hear from your mum that you are enjoying yourself and that you have have acvh8ieved the art of making chips!

    Colin and Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. The chips are fabby, thank you for looking at the blog. Missing you. x

    ReplyDelete