Wednesday 9 September 2009

2 weeks in Limbo..

Day two without going to Hle Bee school. Last night I went to Thiames bar for quiz night with the Canadian volunteers who are lovely. I met some other people too and was invited to give out rice at a temple. I'm not sure if this is right, there are so many religious holidays here. But I think on this holiday they give out free rice to the muslim community.

I went to Borderline where I met Phyu Phyu Win & Si Si Win, two of the grade six girls. Then we went to the post office to post mum's birthday card. (Sorry it'll arrive so late!)


The girls had coffee at the Borderline tea shop and they didn't like it. So after 1, 2, 3..they downed the coffee hahaha.



After the post office, we went to see the rice being given out. We bumped into Si Si Win's father, who had been arrested by the police for driving a motorcycle without a licence (so many people do this in Mae Sot) and had to pay a fine to be released.


There were so many people here and they all carrying huge bags of rice. We also bumped into little Htet, a grade 6 boy and he asked when I was coming back to Hle Bee. I told him and said 'luande Htet!' = 'I miss you Htet!'. We ran into a few kids from the school, a grade one I did the balloon lesson with and a grade five student.


Then we went to Seven Eleven. The girls got really hungry after their coffees, so we bought some snacks and went to the little pond by another temple.





We saw loads of little fishies.




And we met a stray dog. Every time we made a slight movement or loud noise, she would back off. We gave her some bread to eat.






Then one of the Monks came out to feed the stray dogs that are abandoned by their owners at the temple. Our little dog didn't go though, she followed us. Very cute.

After that, we went back to Borderline and sat with GA. He said something really funny as he stumbled onto a Scottish model website. He looked in the male model section and said
'All the Scottish men look the same. All the male models look like teacher Irvine.'
Feel loved Irvine.
GA also said that last night he was watching the news on tv and Hle Bee came on. He said that he saw me on the tv for a few seconds, they must've been filming too. Not just taking photos. He ran to get his camera so he could show me, but by the time he was back, it was finished. Can you believe it? I was on the news!
Anyway. It was really nice to spend the day with the girls and I have decided that in my few weeks off from Hle Bee, I will go to the Mae Tao clinic. Lisa has lots of filing for me to do in the office.
x

3 comments:

  1. the doggies look cuteee and its so sweet they followed you! mummy's having a big dinner party tonight so meow has on his bow tie...love it. hope your soooond little chicken! :) xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww meowy! do you look handsome with your fetching bow tie?

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha. meowy always looks fetching louise! i got some red paint for my room today. it might make it feel warmer so you don't have to fall asleep under the covers anymore! xxxx

    ReplyDelete