Wednesday 16 September 2009

This was supposed to be a short blog haha.

The other day we went to the market and I saw this! They were tied down with elastic bands, so sad. The other day I called Thazin and she said to come to the school to discuss coming back to Hle Bee. The Thai officials haven't been back yet. She said I have to do an 'English Camp' training course on Friday and Saturday and that me and 4 other volunteers would be the ones teaching. No other details are known. Crazy.


Last night the canadian volunteers, the new roomie at homestay called Sam and I went to the quiz night at Thiames bar. We met some people there though and it was really fun. Then we went to another bar after.

Ella, Emily, Louise.




Bartender.




















Louise, Emily, a girl from England & David the English guy at homestay.






I think mum's laughing at my pouting.



I was fairly hungover this morning when I got a call from GA telling me that Si Si Win needed to go to hospital because her stomach was extremely painful. He told me to go to Hle Bee, get the tuk tuk, go to Si's house and take her to the Mae Tao clinic. Mon Sein, the tuk tuk driver, was cooking so Yan Yan came instead. Grade 1 no teacher.


Lots of waiting around, but I got to see the office girls at the clinic which was really nice. Spoke to Lisa about the weekend camp and she gave me some books with ideas for teaching.


Yan Yan is practically fluent in English, but he couldn't explain what had happened to Si, they have her lots of medicine and we took Si and her parents back to their house and headed back to Hle Bee. Later on, after many searches through books on Thazin and Yan Yan's part. They told me that it was 'gastric' and that she'd eaten too many vegetables. I don't know..


I stayed at Hle Bee till 6ish. Very fun, a kindergarten kid was really funny. She sat like this for a while, so I copied her. Everyone started doing it haha.












Many photos of baby. Since I've come back to Hle Bee after my wee break, she's been so friendly and very cute.


Meme was taking many photos. She loves it.


Siwhoopie the dog.


























Byeeeeeeeeeeeee! x

6 comments:

  1. Great load of photos. First those frogs... ooooo.. poor frogs. I saw net bags of 4 huge frogs that were still alive and was traumatised by that in the summer.

    So first frog abuse then rum abuse! It's nice to see you are getting the chance to be a daft 18 year old and have fun with loads of new pals. You do have a thing about having your photo taken with bartenders. Emily looks lovely and it's just such a shame that Emma couldn't be with you. Nice to see your housemate Dave too. You know me so well, laughing at your daft trout pout. Then the photos of baby Y Sander Way and she looks so comfortable with you now, which is really nice cos you loved her from when she was just tinsy last year but pulling her ears, Louise! What did Memeh say?

    Keep the manky dugs away from your legs. Neither wonder you're covered in beastie bites. The later photo showing the dug scratching/licking itself tell you why!

    So frog abuse, rum abuse and ear abuse, I don't know....

    I'm really glad that you are going to get back into teaching at Hle Bee and if this English Camp is a chance to learn some Thai, use it. It's incredible to hear you speaking so much Burmese on the phone though. You are so lucky!

    Love you. Mum x

    ReplyDelete
  2. And thank you so very much for my lovely birthday card from you and Grade 6. Give Su Pone Chit a special hug from me. I am going to show her drawings to Campie P6 who have one of her drawings on their wall already. Mum

    ReplyDelete
  3. Louuuse, what were they selling frogs for? pets or food? >.<
    Also, look at you hitting it with the bar tender, you fit in so well over there despite it being a totally different way of life @_@

    Andy <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think food..the market is mostly food. i should buy one and keep it as a pet.

    haha to be honest. i dont really even remember that..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoying your latest post Louise! Looks like you have a nice mixture of friends that you can relax with.... I take it that was the same shot you were posing with in each photo,eh?!!! hangovers in the heat aren't much fun!!

    How is Si now?

    Is everything OK about you being at the school again now? That sounded very scary!

    I'm trying to get our P6 blog up and running so we can send you the link and you can show Su Pone Chit her work on our wall... but EduBuzz still isn't working grrrrrrrrrrrrrr! I'll let you know when I've got it done.

    Enjoy the heat! (mingin here)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hangovers are not much fun in the heat, especially when you're out all the next day unexpectedly. Oh well, I won't make that mistake again!

    She's doing okay I think, I need to go and visit her soon, not got much time. I'll find some.

    Everything's fine, I'm waiting for a fresh start to start teaching my normal classes again, sadly that's not this week.

    I can't wait for the blog and Su Pone Chit's going to be so happy to see her work in scotland!

    Thank you so much, keep reading!

    louise

    ReplyDelete