Friday 4 September 2009

Yesterday (3rd September)

This was a really fun day in school. I had my lessons with grade 1, 2 & 3.

Grade one are a day behind, which is actually quite good because I've already done their lesson twice on the previous day so I don't have to think too much early in the morning.
So the topic just now is "Getting to know you" Grade one did the lesson I did on tuesday. For grade 2 & 3 I had a fun lesson on feelings. "Today I feel.."
I wrote lots of emotions on the board & they copied it into their books. Then I split them into groups and each group got a balloon and an emotion. They had to draw a face with the emotion they were given on the balloon. Then we attached the balloons to somewhere in each classroom. The children really enjoyed it.

That is the fabby Grade 4 teacher who comes into the Grade 3 class because his class has a different teacher that lesson. He was the only one tall enough to reach the beam we were displaying the balloons on. The 'angry' balloon burst when he tried to attach it to the wooden beam across the top of the classroom. The children looked 'shocked'.

x

1 comment:

  1. What a brilliant idea this was Louise. The balloons look great. Active Learning is all the rage in Scotland and there you are leading the way as a novice teacher in Thailand. So being your mother's daughter must have done you some good somewhere along the way! Love you. Mum

    ReplyDelete