Sunday 6 September 2009

Yesterday!

Yesterday I went on a tour of the Mae Tao clinic. The clinic, which is
founded and directed by Dr. Cynthia Maung, provides free health care to Burmese
refugees and migrants workers. People also cross the border from Burma to
Thailand to recieve this medical care because the health care is so awful in
Burma. I was shown around by a lovely man called Maung Maung Tin. He works at the clinic but he is also a fantastic artist. He showed me some of his newer paintings.



These took him 5-6 months to work on and this first one isn't finished yet.


This is one of the days a week when the babies get their injections. Lots of crying and screaming.




After that I went to play at Lisa and Rocky's house. Then we went to The owner of Homestay for dinner. She is also Lisa & Rocky's friend. Everybody's friends here. They served....



DUCKS HEADS! I couldn't believe it! Ducks heads ma jai boo! (I don't like ducks heads)


Alison will love this. This is the 5 litre bottle of wine that was brought out after dinner..



x

3 comments:

  1. There's a problem in Thailand now with loading pictures onto blogs. Messages keep coming up saying The Royal Thai Police are preventing use of this site. It's happening whenever Louise tries to upload a photo.

    Ma Jai boo means I don't like, Louise was telling me today.

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Louise

    Great to hear that you are getting on well. Your blog is really interesting, but not as interesting as eating duck heads!

    Keep up the good work - I'll keep clicking on from time to time at good old Preston Lodge!

    Mrs P(roudfoot)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an experience you're having. You'll be ble to cope with anything life throws at you after this. It all sounds totally amazing. I haven't time to watch any soaps any more - so I'm just keeping up with your advetures. It's much more interesting.

    Take care, Gaynor x

    ReplyDelete