Friday 4 September 2009

Funnnnnn day! - This is today my posts are in the wrong order -

Today GA called and woke me up. He said Phyu Phyu Win & Si Si Win were at Borderline to see me. Today is full moon day, so Hle Bee is closed. So I got ready and went along. I had forgotten it was Si Si Win's birthday. So we decided to go shopping :D We went to Tesco & got dunkin doughnuts. Then we went and I bought them both jumpers. After, we went to Si Si Win's house. They moved house since the last time I saw them about a week ago! haha crazy. Her family are lovely, we ate lots of watermelon and I phoned mum so she could speak to Si Si Win. Then we went to Hle Bee to see who was hanging around. We went into the teachers house and Teacher Kay Thi (not Katie) and I half slept while the girls chatted away.
All the family were there. I'll explain the family tree for people who don't know. Keeping in mind I cannot spell half of these names..

Thazin the head teacher has 2 brothers and 2 sisters.
- Mon So, the cook, is married to Ma Lay the Kindergarten B teacher. They have 2 sons, Yan Yan who was in thai high school last year & has recently become the grade 1 teacher. He is also one of the two Tuk Tuk drivers. And ToTo who is quite young, I think maybe 9 years old? He goes to Thai School.
- Mon Sein is the Tuk Tuk driver, he is married to Thing Jen - Meme - she runs the tuck shop at the back of the school which is in front of their house. They have a baby girl called Y Sander Wei.
- Tha Zin's sister lives with her in the school, I don't know her name but Mum probably does. She hangs around the school and makes lovely snacks :)
- Tida, who has left Hle Bee school. Her daughter Wei Hin is around the same age as ToTo. She still lives with Tha Zin at the school and she goes to Thai school.

Phyu Phyu Win & Si Si Win left to go to the market and get some food, then they went home. So lots of goodbyes. Then Wei Hin, Yan Yan & I went to a grade 6 girl's house on the motorcycle. I drove! I will write more about this, but in the next blog about yesterday, because I drove my first motorcycle yesterday!
I drove half way there but it was raining so hard I could barely see, so Yan Yan drove the rest of the way. When we got there we were introducted to Su Pone Chit's family. They were very kind, bringing us lots of food. Su Pone Chit's mother sat combing Wei Hin's hair and Su Pone Chit showed me some of her fashion sketches - which were fantastic!

I drove all the way home, very well. "Much better than yesterday" Yan Yan said. Mum tell Neil I'm converting to Motorcycle.

We got back and played some volleyball. Girls against boys. Minkalay against Yo charlay.
Louise & Wei Hin - Toto and Yan Yan. We were veryyyy good! It was very hot, then it started to rain, ugh! So we went inside.
We went to the tiny toilet room where Wei Hin had her paddling pool set up! filled with water. Absolutely hilarious, in this tiny wee bathroom theres a huge paddling pool haha. Wei Hin and Toto were playing and Tha Zin's sister was telling me to join them but I didn't having any spare clothes :( "Teecha come tomorrow!" and I said nono teacher busy tomorrow. Sunday? So on sunday at 10am I am going to Hle Bee school for mohinga and paddling pool. After that I went to KFC to get some easy food & popped off home.

I was really annoyed at myself today because I had left my camera's memory card in my laptop. So I went to take some brilliant photos and had no camera. When Phyu Phyu Win, Si Si Win & I were in dunkin doughnuts they were each feeding each other doughtnut & it would've been a fabby photo.

Anyway, it's been a really great day & right now I don't want to leave here. But I have an inkling that may change over 5 months. We'll see.

x

3 comments:

  1. We ARE COMING TO GET YOU!!!

    Lots of love from a cuddly little ghecko. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now would that be your brother John by any chance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Louise, you've gone all native...well maybe with the exception of the KFC! So pleased to hear that you're having fun - I think you're brilliant! I'm sure you will have some huge homesick moments but I also think that you have made such a great start that you'll have plenty of folk around you to keep you going. No parallel parking on a motorbike! I'm having a right good chuckle at the thought of the paddling pool in that toilet - tee hee.
    Lots of love, Fiona x

    ReplyDelete